• 1 and 2. The AccuLink™ Platinum ZV Control or the AccuLink™ Remote Control, along with the Nexia interface help you control the temperature settings in your home according to a preset schedule you create, or remotely via most web-enabled cell phones and computers.
• 3. The Nexia™ Bridge is the brain of the system, managing communication on your Z-Wave® network and connecting most in-home Z-Wave® enabled devices to the Nexia™ Home Intelligence web portal.
• 4. Schlage® Home Keypad Deadbolts and Levers grant convenient access to your home when you can’t be there.
• 5. Schlage® Home Indoor Camera lets you remotely see what’s going on at home through most web-enabled cell phones and computers.
• 6 and 7. The Home Dimmer Module and Appliance Module allow control of lighting and small appliances from the Nexia web interface.
Q:What is Nexia™ Home Intelligence?
A:Nexia Home Intelligence is a home automation system that, when paired with an American Standard AccuLink Platinum ZV Control or AccuLink Remote Control, makes it possible to manage your home’s HVAC system, locks, lights, security and more by computer or most web-enabled cell phones.
Q:How does the Nexia™ Home Intelligence system work?
A:Nexia works through Z-Wave technology. Z-Wave devices communicate wirelessly with each other and with the Nexia Bridge. The Bridge plugs into your router to connect to your Broadband Internet. Use the Nexia mobile app or your online Nexia subscription to control your AccuLink™ Platinum XV and AccuLink™ Remote Controls and other Nexia (Z-Wave-based) devices in your home.
Q:What is Z-Wave?
A:Z-Wave is a next-generation wireless ecosystem that lets all your home electronics and other home hardware talk to each other. It uses simple, reliable, low-power radio waves that easily travel through walls, floors and cabinets. Z-Wave control can be added to almost any electronic device in your house.
Q:How much does the Nexia™ Home Intelligence service cost?
A:A Nexia subscription is just $9.99 per month, which includes 24/7 internet access to your Nexia™ Home Intelligence system. Your Nexia subscription is accessible through your Nexia account via most web-connected computers, tablets and smart phones.
Q:What do I need to install Nexia™ Home Intelligence?
A:Please contact your local American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning dealer to assess your current system requirements and install the appropriate components for you. Find a dealer
Q:What is smart home technology?
A:A smart home features an advanced system that offers remote or automatic control of the things around your home including but not limited to your HVAC system, lighting or security system. Our smart home technology includes the AccuLink™ Platinum ZV and AccuLink™ Remote Controls, along with furnaces, heat pumps, air handlers and air conditioners with the AccuLink™ communicating capability
Q:How can I upgrade my AccuLink™ Platinum ZV Control software?
A:Upgrading the software on your AccuLink control will allow you to take advantage of the latest features and system enhancements. An SD memory card with 80 MB of free memory and a computer with an SD card reader is required to complete the upgrade process. Update software now.